Ad Lightning is hiring a Lead Software Engineer to join one of the first startups out of Pioneer Square Labs. We’re on a mission to provide transparency and control across the digital advertising ecosystem and are growing quickly as publishers and platforms adopt our client-side ad blocking solution. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a rapidly growing venture-backed business, utilize leading edge technology, and make meaningful contributions to the product life cycle.
What you’ll be doing:
As a lead engineer, you will be part of a small team that designs and develops applications to eliminate malware and other unwanted ads, protect user privacy and provide transparency to the programmatic ad ecosystem. This includes building client-side script that is executed billions of times per day. You’ll lead the team to design, review, and implement product features as well as manage code and configuration deployment in AWS.
The following skills are required:
- Building and optimising client side script that works across various devices/browsers.
- Strong understanding of web technologies: HTTP, HTML, CSS, and front-end build toolchains such as grunt or gulp.
- Familiarity with source code management (Git, SVN, etc.).
How you’ll succeed:
We are looking for high performers who can get things done in a fast moving, high-intensity environment.
- Thrive in a startup environment, not just building great software, but an incredible company.
- Be a primary code contributor solving difficult problems for highly scalable applications.
- Experience designing, building and deploying exceptional software.
- Understanding of cyber security, reverse engineering, and an ethical hacker mentality is a plus.
- Full-stack development, experience building microservices and experience with AWS is preferred.
- Experience leading teams and product development is a plus.
- 5+ years of development experience with enterprise software and SaaS products. Experience in the digital advertising space (SSP, DSP, ad server, or audience data products) is a plus.